Like we said, Up and B was coming! Little did we know, it was three years later. This is a test episode. Feel free to join us on an adventure as we try to figure out the best ways to create and publish this show. The show will be audio focused. Occasionally, we may do video episodes. We plan on live streaming the show as well.
We’ve had some big upgrades to Project-11.com lately!
We now have a brand new layout! Our old layout felt a little too crowded. This layout is much easier to navigate, and is less cluttered, especially on the homepage.
Better Focus on Content
We will be making a shift to have a better focus on content. Over the next couple of days, I will be working on adding the video version of podcasts directly on the page. This will work much better than how we had it before. Now you will not have to leave the site just to watch our podcasts.
All Lava Bucket episodes are now embedded onto their episode pages (with the exception of episode 1, because that was audio only).
Cleaned up Links
I’ve went through and cleaned up the links for the major pages. Before page URLs had the weird “*/p?=###” ending, but now they have their page title as an ending. For example, the live stream page is now Project-11.com/live/ and Lava Bucket is now Project-11.com/podcasts/LavaBucket/.
Internet Defense League
We are now part of the Internet Defense League! The “IDL is a loose coalition that shares a commitment to defending the Internet. Members choose on a case-by-case basis to participate in alerts. The views in alerts aren’t always endorsed by all members” (source). You can check out a list of the members of the IDL here.
– 1.8 is out
– Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays… I’ll keep you posted
– Chests are now open when you open them.
– Ivy can grow down from floating islands…and it looks pretty awesome
– Pigs have snouts
– You can bind any action to a mouse button now, or to a keyboard key
– Villages only spawn on flat areas
– Fog-toggle-key has been removed?
– http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/109665779259158528- Fog-toggle-key has been removed?
– Swamp biomes are in! But look kinda boring.
– NPCs will NOT be in 1.8, but will be including in 1.9
– Arrow damage is based on speed.
– Shooting from above does more damage because of gravity
– Amount of health you lose if all your food is gone
– If the the food bar is empty in MC 1.8, it will slowly drop your health to 5 hearts on easy, to 0.5 hearts on normal, and kill you on hard
– Notch writes about how he likes developing games.
– Mobs now randomly flee if you attack them
– Animal breeding is pushed back to 1.9
– Endermen drop Ender Pearls
– Oceans are friggin huge….really huge
– The food meter goes down wayyy too fast
Lava Bucket 10 (9/1/11)
– 1.8 in a week?
– “Jeb says notch wants to release the update next week.”
– Jahkob says in 2 or 3 weeks
– Jeb says September 8
– The plan right now is to release the “PAX version” of Minecraft ASAP, but there is some crucial work remaining. Sep 8th is a good guess
– This is why Notch is awesome
– @notch I downloaded your game in tpb,deal with that (elhinnn)
– @elhinnn I hope you like it. I’d prefer it if you bought it, but I haven’t lost a single dollar from you downloading it. (notch)
– Rivers are in the game!
– They either hit the ocean, or loop back. I know looped rivers don’t make much sense, but it works. ;D (Notch on Twitter)
– Map of 1.8 world with rivers.
– Notch is adding HUGE oceans and HUGE islands
– Trying to balance gameplay against scale is interesting. I can do HUGE oceans with HUGE islands very easily and fast now, but it plays bad.
– Bigger islands = bigger biomes. Deserts like to be big.
– But the bigger the islands are, the bigger the biomes can be. And deserts want to be big.
– DEEP oceans, check.
– Volcanoes are a possibility?!
– @jeb_ will there be volcanoes in the new map generator?
– Fence gates are confirmed!
– Gameplay of 1.8 at PAX
(list of stuff shown off in the video in case you don’t feel like watching it all)
– New title screen. No more dirt, now Minecraft screenshot of some sort
– Zombies now drop rotting flesh
– @KrisEike it gives you food, but also poisons you
– Notch says that rain is 1000 times better than before
– Notch is considering adding rain forests, swamps, and probably volcanoes. Notch really wants to add swamps
– Dungeons also include ‘abandoned mineshafts’, complete with broken minecart tracks and wooden tunnel archways to prevent caveins.
– Guy asked if the Nether was getting work, Notch said something that sounded like it was along the lines of “not in 1.8, but soon after, yes”.
– Water damages Endermen
– New particle effect for the bedrock layer, if you break through to the void you now take damage and eventually die
– Notch is thinking of releasing 1.8 in “segments” due to the update having multiple features that need refining.
– Iron bars are in villages, at the smiths
– Ivy can be placed on walls
– Smooth stone and brick stairs
– Smooth stone and brick slabs
– BLUE spiders poison you.
– Blue spiders will be found in abandoned mineshafts
– Blue spider spawner (spiderwebs)
– NPCs give quests
– Worlds may be able to have buildings build in their seeds
– What he’s talking about: http://i.imgur.com/UtP7i.jpg
– List of all new items coming in 1.8
– BENDERMAN!!! ZOMG!
Bonus, listen to any song while looking at this: http://i52.tinypic.com/295eiv9.gif
Lava Bucket 9 (8/17/11)
– Notch challenges Bethesda to Quake 3!
-Minecraft for Android is here! — Only for Xperia Play devices – $7
– Camera in Minecraft Portable Edition?
– Jeb teases villages
– Yep, just a screenshot
– Scalable biome code!
– New drops for zombies!
– Currently they drop a new item, not sure if it’s final though
– Jeb makes changes to some food items
– Nine new crafting recipes added in 1.8 (151 in 1.7.3 — 160 in 1.8)
(Watch on YouTube)
Even though we mentioned a video version, there will not be a video version for this podcast.
Our server is no longer online.
Audio only this time!
The podcast is back! We took a week off, but here is podcast 6!
This week’s podcast is VERY raw. We kinda ran out of time and rushed the podcast. Anyway, here is the podcast.