Like we said, Up and B was coming! Little did we know, it was three years later. This is a test episode. Feel free to join us on an adventure as we try to figure out the best ways to create and publish this show. The show will be audio focused. Occasionally, we may do video episodes. We plan on live streaming the show as well.
Just for LoLz – 102 (8/10/12)
This week we discuss the importance of the Laning Phase and last hitting. We explain some of the laning tactics commonly used by more experienced players. The topic of wards and vision came up, so we discussed some useful placements in order to help you lane safely.
Some Professional teams for you to watch:
Team Solo Mid (TSM)
Hope you enjoyed this episode of Just for LoLz, see you next week.
– 1.8 is out
– Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays… I’ll keep you posted
– Chests are now open when you open them.
– Ivy can grow down from floating islands…and it looks pretty awesome
– Pigs have snouts
– You can bind any action to a mouse button now, or to a keyboard key
– Villages only spawn on flat areas
– Fog-toggle-key has been removed?
– http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/109665779259158528- Fog-toggle-key has been removed?
– Swamp biomes are in! But look kinda boring.
– NPCs will NOT be in 1.8, but will be including in 1.9
– Arrow damage is based on speed.
– Shooting from above does more damage because of gravity
– Amount of health you lose if all your food is gone
– If the the food bar is empty in MC 1.8, it will slowly drop your health to 5 hearts on easy, to 0.5 hearts on normal, and kill you on hard
– Notch writes about how he likes developing games.
– Mobs now randomly flee if you attack them
– Animal breeding is pushed back to 1.9
– Endermen drop Ender Pearls
– Oceans are friggin huge….really huge
– The food meter goes down wayyy too fast
Artist – The Black Dahlia Murder
Album – Ritual
Genre – Melodic Death Metal
Date Released – June 17, 2011
“The album sold 12,960 copies in the United States in its first week of release and debuted at position #31 on the Billboard 200.”
From the very first song I could already tell this was going to be a better album than Deflorate. Mainly because the producer did a much better job with the mix, I personally hated the mix on Deflorate. But on this album the drums aren’t getting pounded into your ears like they used to be, this actually seems to be MUCH more guitar driven. They also used a lot of orchestral intros to a couple songs and personally I love that aspect of the genre, you can just go from classical sounds to really fast and aggressive music. If I had to choose one song to tell you to hear just to get an idea about how this album sounds you probably would have to listen to the single they released back in January called “Moonlight Equilibrium”. Honestly, Ryan Knight is a beast I don’t know how he comes up with all of these guitar solos that still wow me. Usually an album might have one AWESOME solo but this one has a great solo in each song and that really gives it a boost. Now to the obvious, a lot of people know about this band by their signature vocals and drums (or at least that is how I differentiate them from other Death Metal bands) and both the vocals and the drums are expertly crafted and expertly played, my favorite part is it isn’t overplayed if you know what I mean. For example Shannon Lucas doesn’t only do blast beats, he still does them but not nearly as much as he has in the past and I think that is an improvement.
Now I know I changed the format and style that I review things, but it will still come to the same result…. A score of 9.8/10 I just loved this album since I’ve gotten it.
Lava Bucket 10 (9/1/11)
– 1.8 in a week?
– “Jeb says notch wants to release the update next week.”
– Jahkob says in 2 or 3 weeks
– Jeb says September 8
– The plan right now is to release the “PAX version” of Minecraft ASAP, but there is some crucial work remaining. Sep 8th is a good guess
– This is why Notch is awesome
– @notch I downloaded your game in tpb,deal with that (elhinnn)
– @elhinnn I hope you like it. I’d prefer it if you bought it, but I haven’t lost a single dollar from you downloading it. (notch)
– Rivers are in the game!
– They either hit the ocean, or loop back. I know looped rivers don’t make much sense, but it works. ;D (Notch on Twitter)
– Map of 1.8 world with rivers.
– Notch is adding HUGE oceans and HUGE islands
– Trying to balance gameplay against scale is interesting. I can do HUGE oceans with HUGE islands very easily and fast now, but it plays bad.
– Bigger islands = bigger biomes. Deserts like to be big.
– But the bigger the islands are, the bigger the biomes can be. And deserts want to be big.
– DEEP oceans, check.
– Volcanoes are a possibility?!
– @jeb_ will there be volcanoes in the new map generator?
– Fence gates are confirmed!
– Gameplay of 1.8 at PAX
(list of stuff shown off in the video in case you don’t feel like watching it all)
– New title screen. No more dirt, now Minecraft screenshot of some sort
– Zombies now drop rotting flesh
– @KrisEike it gives you food, but also poisons you
– Notch says that rain is 1000 times better than before
– Notch is considering adding rain forests, swamps, and probably volcanoes. Notch really wants to add swamps
– Dungeons also include ‘abandoned mineshafts’, complete with broken minecart tracks and wooden tunnel archways to prevent caveins.
– Guy asked if the Nether was getting work, Notch said something that sounded like it was along the lines of “not in 1.8, but soon after, yes”.
– Water damages Endermen
– New particle effect for the bedrock layer, if you break through to the void you now take damage and eventually die
– Notch is thinking of releasing 1.8 in “segments” due to the update having multiple features that need refining.
– Iron bars are in villages, at the smiths
– Ivy can be placed on walls
– Smooth stone and brick stairs
– Smooth stone and brick slabs
– BLUE spiders poison you.
– Blue spiders will be found in abandoned mineshafts
– Blue spider spawner (spiderwebs)
– NPCs give quests
– Worlds may be able to have buildings build in their seeds
– What he’s talking about: http://i.imgur.com/UtP7i.jpg
– List of all new items coming in 1.8
– BENDERMAN!!! ZOMG!
Bonus, listen to any song while looking at this: http://i52.tinypic.com/295eiv9.gif
Lava Bucket 9 (8/17/11)
– Notch challenges Bethesda to Quake 3!
-Minecraft for Android is here! — Only for Xperia Play devices – $7
– Camera in Minecraft Portable Edition?
– Jeb teases villages
– Yep, just a screenshot
– Scalable biome code!
– New drops for zombies!
– Currently they drop a new item, not sure if it’s final though
– Jeb makes changes to some food items
– Nine new crafting recipes added in 1.8 (151 in 1.7.3 — 160 in 1.8)
Through the Eyes
October 30, 2001
If you didn’t notice I tried a different format for this review, I think I’m going to use this style for the rest of my reviews.
(Watch on YouTube)
Even though we mentioned a video version, there will not be a video version for this podcast.
Our server is no longer online.
Samsara – This is just a pretty cool intro to a very cool album, fits perfectly and gets you in the mood for the rest of Parkway Drive’s new album. 8/10
Unrest – This one is pretty heavy, I personally like this song a lot, one of my favorite on this album. It has a pretty good breakdown, as all Parkway songs do. It’s main riff just seems to flow very well into the breakdown. 9/10
Sleepwalker – Another one of the my favorites on this album, it has the same intensity as “Unrest” but, it just is even HEAVIER!!!! I know that they always seem to raise the bar when it comes to Hardcore/Metalcore music with breakdowns and sound. There just aren’t many songs like this one out there, very good. 10/10
Wreckage – Not the best song on this album, but not the worst one either. When I hear of this song I actually get reminded a little of, “Idols and Anchors” from their previous album “Horizons”. But overall it is an okay song. 7/10
Deadweight – EASILY my favorite song on this ENTIRE album, maybe of all time (by Parkway Drive). There is great layering and the riffs are just amazing. 10/10
Alone – A very slow start to a great song, it shows a lot of potential from the beginning, and it really builds up into a good main riff for the song. It is very aggressive, like all of their songs, but they used quite a bit of “clean” guitar in this song and I think it worked. 8/10
Pressures – This is probably my least favorite song on the album, that isn’t saying it is terrible, it is probably the worst one on the album though. Not as creative with the guitar parts, and I don’t think the vocals really mix with them very well, it only works in certain parts. This song still gets your blood flowing, but that isn’t enough. 6/10
Deliver Me – This is a very heavy song, that just makes you want to jump (if you are standing). I don’t know what it is about the song, but it just creates the urge to be physical. It is a GREAT workout song, for that reason mostly. 9/10
Karma – It is a really good sign when a band/artist starts off a song with a really good drum fill. It just makes the whole song so much better. Another song that gets your adrenaline going, I would listen to this song when I’m working out. 9/10
Hollow – This is another pretty good song, not great but good. This one wouldn’t be as good of a workout/pump-up song as most of this album would be. But still a good song, 8/10
Leviathan I – “…” That is almost all I can say about this song. This would be a GREAT workout song as well. Another GREAT song on this album, they really put it together on this one. #1 Breakdown on this album, if that’s what you look for in songs. 10/10
Set To Destroy – They start the album off with a short song, they end it with a short song. This one isn’t anything special, except for the vocals, they are pretty good. 7/10
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but that is the whole review. This album overall gets a 8.5/10. If you have any suggestions just email me at, firstname.lastname@example.org