Killswitch Engage – End of Heartache (Review)
Killswitch Engage Then End of Heartache May 11, 2004 Killswitch Engage originally had a different singer than the one that worked on this album, Jesse Leach, and on this album to the present they have Howard Jones. Track by Track – 1. A Bid Farewell – This song has a slow beginning with a fast […]
Then End of Heartache
May 11, 2004
Killswitch Engage originally had a different singer than the one that worked on this album, Jesse Leach, and on this album to the present they have Howard Jones.
Track by Track –
1. A Bid Farewell – This song has a slow beginning with a fast pace verse riff, and it sounds pretty good. I would say that this song is a little short of clean vocals for the first half, but later on it gets more of a mix when the chorus starts up. It is a pretty good song overall, and i would give it a 8.5/10
2. Take This Oath – This is the strongest song on the album I think. It starts with a heavy riff, and just gets heavier from there. Even though it has mostly clean vocals it just really has an in your face kind of feel to it. I would give this song a 8/10.
3. When Darkness Falls – This is one of the low points of the album, not all that bad, not all that good. It is kind of a real weird mix of of screaming and singing, though they are melodic metalcore, they don’t show much of those characteristics in this song. There are some later on, but it just seems like a generic hardcore song for the majority of it. I wouldn’t give this song a good rating, but I will give it a 7.5/10.
4. Rose of Sharyn – This is my favorite song on this whole album, it is one of their most popular songs, that they wrote. This is one of the greats for sure. It has a constant feel of heavy riffing, screaming, and great mix of screams and cleans. I would have to give this song a whopping 10/10.
5. Inhale – This is purely just an interlude all acoustic, so not to much to say about it, and I am going to give it a 8.5/10.
6. Breathe Life – This is most likely the song that shows the most characteristics of the metalcore genre. It has “breakdowns”, actually that is a majority of the song. The chorus is pretty powerful with the harmonic guitar parts with the clean vocals. I’m going to give this song a 9/10.
7. The End of Heartache – This one is probably one of the most popular songs by them along with Rose of Sharyn. This is probably the one song on this album with set parts, such as verses, chorus, bridge, and outro. This is getting a good 9.5/10.
8. Declaration – This is one of the songs on the album where it is fast, but you just want to do a slow head nod. It is just so catchy, not to much more to say. This song is going to get a 8.5/10.
9. World Ablaze – This song is pretty heavy, it has a good mix of cleans and screams and it has a good chorus, that really sticks in your head. I am going to give this song a 8.0/10
10. And Embers Rise – Another interlude it is acoustic, and short, but it sounds good for preview for the next song it is kind of a opener type of track I would think for the next song. I would give it 9/10.
11. Wasted Sacrifice – This is what I would call a pump up song. It starts off with a chant. Yet again Howard does a great job incorporating cleans with his screaming, so it gets a 9.5/10.
12. Hope Is… – This is really a heavy way to end the album, good song. Not much more to say… This song will get a 9.5/10.
This album gets an 8.125/10
for suggestions email me at email@example.com
|2004||The Billboard 200||21|
|2004||Australian Albums Chart||39 |
|2004||“The End of Heartache”||Mainstream Rock Tracks||31|