Lava Bucket 11 – 9/14/11
Click the title to listen to the audio version and to watch the video version. Show notes are also inside.
– 1.8 is out
– Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays… I’ll keep you posted
– Chests are now open when you open them.
– Ivy can grow down from floating islands…and it looks pretty awesome
– Pigs have snouts
– You can bind any action to a mouse button now, or to a keyboard key
– Villages only spawn on flat areas
– Fog-toggle-key has been removed?
– http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/109665779259158528- Fog-toggle-key has been removed?
– Swamp biomes are in! But look kinda boring.
– NPCs will NOT be in 1.8, but will be including in 1.9
– Arrow damage is based on speed.
– Shooting from above does more damage because of gravity
– Amount of health you lose if all your food is gone
– If the the food bar is empty in MC 1.8, it will slowly drop your health to 5 hearts on easy, to 0.5 hearts on normal, and kill you on hard
– Notch writes about how he likes developing games.
– Mobs now randomly flee if you attack them
– Animal breeding is pushed back to 1.9
– Endermen drop Ender Pearls
– Oceans are friggin huge….really huge
– The food meter goes down wayyy too fast