Lava Bucket 10 (9/1/11)
– 1.8 in a week?
– “Jeb says notch wants to release the update next week.”
– Jahkob says in 2 or 3 weeks
– Jeb says September 8
– The plan right now is to release the “PAX version” of Minecraft ASAP, but there is some crucial work remaining. Sep 8th is a good guess
– This is why Notch is awesome
– @notch I downloaded your game in tpb,deal with that (elhinnn)
– @elhinnn I hope you like it. I’d prefer it if you bought it, but I haven’t lost a single dollar from you downloading it. (notch)
– Rivers are in the game!
– They either hit the ocean, or loop back. I know looped rivers don’t make much sense, but it works. ;D (Notch on Twitter)
– Map of 1.8 world with rivers.
– Notch is adding HUGE oceans and HUGE islands
– Trying to balance gameplay against scale is interesting. I can do HUGE oceans with HUGE islands very easily and fast now, but it plays bad.
– Bigger islands = bigger biomes. Deserts like to be big.
– But the bigger the islands are, the bigger the biomes can be. And deserts want to be big.
– DEEP oceans, check.
– Volcanoes are a possibility?!
– @jeb_ will there be volcanoes in the new map generator?
– @Adamshadow Wouldn’t surprise me if @notch‘s new biome code would support that
– Fence gates are confirmed!
– Gameplay of 1.8 at PAX
(list of stuff shown off in the video in case you don’t feel like watching it all)
– New title screen. No more dirt, now Minecraft screenshot of some sort
– Zombies now drop rotting flesh
– @KrisEike it gives you food, but also poisons you
– Notch says that rain is 1000 times better than before
– Notch is considering adding rain forests, swamps, and probably volcanoes. Notch really wants to add swamps
– Dungeons also include ‘abandoned mineshafts’, complete with broken minecart tracks and wooden tunnel archways to prevent caveins.
– Guy asked if the Nether was getting work, Notch said something that sounded like it was along the lines of “not in 1.8, but soon after, yes”.
– Water damages Endermen
– New particle effect for the bedrock layer, if you break through to the void you now take damage and eventually die
– Notch is thinking of releasing 1.8 in “segments” due to the update having multiple features that need refining.
– Iron bars are in villages, at the smiths
– Ivy can be placed on walls
– Smooth stone and brick stairs
– Smooth stone and brick slabs
– BLUE spiders poison you.
– Blue spiders will be found in abandoned mineshafts
– Blue spider spawner (spiderwebs)
– NPCs give quests
– Worlds may be able to have buildings build in their seeds
– What he’s talking about: http://i.imgur.com/UtP7i.jpg
– List of all new items coming in 1.8
– BENDERMAN!!! ZOMG!
Bonus, listen to any song while looking at this: http://i52.tinypic.com/295eiv9.gif